In the production of PVC and aluminium components such as profiles or window and doorframes, the presence of fine dust and shavings is virtually inevitable. When these accumulations of dust and shavings are not managed correctly, the efficiency of the machines and production processes can be affected, leading in some cases to a serious risk of explosion. The chances of an explosion are high especially in the presence of fine aluminium dust, and the level of risk is directly proportional to particle size: when aluminium particles are under 100 microns, the dust burns easily and can become a potential source of ignition in an explosion hazard area.
For these reasons, it is necessary to take precautions that begin with the engineering phase of equipment, providing systems for continuous removal of aluminium dust during production directly on the machine, especially on mitre saws and CNC machining centres:
- to clean the workplace thoroughly with ATEX certified equipment when potentially explosive dust is present;
- to equip all production machinery with at least one dust-catching device (be it an industrial vacuum cleaner or part of a centralised vacuum system);
- to adopt chip vacuums and dust collectors with sufficient suction capacity and air speed to capture all the dust produced;
- to ensure there is no build-up of explosive dust, including the interiors of collection containers.
INDUSTRIAL CHIP VACUUMS AND DUST CAPTURE SYSTEMS FOR WINDOW AND DOOR FRAME MANUFACTURERS AND ALUMINUM AND PVC CUTTING MACHINERY
The continuous suction of chips and light dusts on mitre saws, CNC machining centres and other PVC and aluminium process machinery is essential to ensure maximum safety and product quality when PVC components, aluminium and other plastic materials in general are being produced.
To this end, Delfin has developed a range of chip vacuums that can:
- capture all processing waste;
- keep production machinery running efficiently;
- ensure complete safety even in explosive atmospheres where hazardous dusts (such as aluminium) are present, thanks to ATEX certifications for use in areas at risk of explosion.
Machining processes for materials such as PVC and aluminum require the use of machinery such as:
- Cut-off machines
- Welding machines
These processes generate significant amounts of dust and residues, which need to be removed in order to obtain a quality finished product.
Delfin's industrial vacuum cleaners are able to suck up dust, granules, and materials deriving from cutting or welding directly at the source, by installing them onboard the machine, thus guaranteeing:
- Reduced cleaning time
- Increased quality of the final product
- Clean and safe working environment for workers
DELFIN AND GRAF SYNERGY: A SUCCESSFUL COLLABORATION
We have been working for many years with our partner Graf Synergy, a supplier of production machinery for PVC specialists. Together we have created and supplied a complete solution consisting of a welding machine and vacuum cleaner installed onboard the machine, to facilitate the production of PVC windows and balcony windows.
The combination of two quality products made it possible to solve even the most difficult problems.
CHIP VACUUM FOR FINE AND LIGHT DUSTS - ZFR EV 560PN
Delfin’s chip vacuum par excellence when it comes to sucking up fine dust: large collection capacity, automatic reverse air flow cleaning system to ensure the vacuum’s suction and high air flow rate is never disrupted, ideal for sucking up light chips in large quantities.