The treatments and corrections of the wine are intended to correct any defects and ensure their regular conservation. Among the best known are fermentation and clarification.
The first occurs thanks to the addition of fresh must and selected yeasts to the wine while the second occurs thanks to the use of powders that form heavy aggregate
s with the particles to be eliminated, which then settle on the bottom of the container.
The clarification is used to avoid precipitation, disease and cloudiness of the wine. After the use of powders such as bentonite and gelatin, the filtration phases begin to obtain a final result of clear wine free of microorganisms.
To achieve this the dusts most typically used in the wine sector are:
- Animal gelatin
- Vegetables jelly
- Oenological coal
- Fish gelatin
- Diammonium phosphate
- Copper citrate
- Aluminum sulphate
WASTE AND CONTAMINATION, THE SOLUTION:In order to guarantee the success of the wine improvement processes, it is necessary to be able to handle these powders, eliminating any risk of contamination and product waste. In fact, these powders can cost up to € 300 per kg, since a very small amount of product can be enough to correct a large quantity of wine.
Pneumatic conveying responds to this need, allowing you to transfer the same material from one point to another using vacuum as the driving force. The system is completely closed and eliminates product dispersions during transportation, eliminating production inefficiencies and high management costs.
IN WHICH CASES THE PNEUMATIC CONVEYOR IS USEDThanks to the extreme simplicity and flexibility of the system, a conveyor can perform different functions that go beyond the simple transfer of material between two points:
- Separation of dust by means of vibrating sieves
- Loading and unloading of industrial machinery or containers of various kinds
- Distribution of powders at several discharge points
- Multiple withdrawal
THE ADVANTAGES OF A PNEUMATIC CONVEYOR
Pneumatic powder conveyor systems simplify the process and make it hygienic and safe:
- easy and fast to install and interface with other process machines
- They require little space thanks to the use of flexible pipes and can also be implemented later thanks to their modularity
-They prevent product leakage and contamination and some models prevent de-mixing
- The required maintenance is minimal and extremely simple and quick to perform as they are systems with few moving mechanical parts subject to wear. The use of only clean and non-lubricated compressed air contributes to maintaining maximum transport efficiency.
-Increase in hygiene and safety within the departments.
The Delfin pneumatic conveyor ranges have been developed in collaboration with important users taking into consideration the different needs they can meet.