How to prevent food contamination in food industry ?
Food industry operators have been facing an incessant increase in production costs, particularly concerning energy and raw materials.Moreover, patents renewal and continuous legislative changes increase management difficulties, requiring incessant adaptations of production processes to preserve the required quality standards.
Therefore, the challenge for food industries is to guarantee expenses containment or reduction in a landscape where costs are increasing and at the same time avoiding to compromise food products’ quality and security.
Priority number 1: eliminating food contamination risksThe highest risk for food industry is food contamination. Preventing any possible microbial and cross- contamination becomes crucial to avoid paying the heavy economic sanctions provided for those who do not abide by the rules of good manufacturing practices (GMP) or for those who do not implement the HACCP protocol in manufacturing process organization.
The lack of compliance with these directives aimed at guaranteeing the highest possible hygiene and the highest food processing environment cleanliness, might entail severe consequences. First of all, heavy economic sanctions, and of course, the damage of company/brand's public image, which is hard to restore.
How can we ensure proper hygiene and reduce contamination risks?
The right way to eliminate these risks is:
- to critically analyze the production cycle environments aiming at finding any potential contamination source;
- to define the critical control points which will allow to check and to eradicate potential problems;
- to evaluate the corrective actions necessary to eliminate contamination risk;
- to define the production cycles’ hygiene verification procedures.
The usage of industrial vacuums or centralized vacuum systems is among the most effective solutions to prevent any food contamination.
The suction of possible dusts or processing residues directly from their source strongly reduces the possibility of their contact with other products.
Moreover, the organic and flammable nature of the raw materials used in food industries might represent a serious risk of explosion when not properly prevented, entailing the risk of jeopardizing workers' health.
Delfin solutions: industrial vacuums and centralized vacuum systemsFood industries need different types of industrial vacuums, according to the phase of the production cycle when the vacuum is required and according to the material to suck up.
Delfin, with over twenty years of experience in the field of industrial vacuums, has developed a full range of products able to perfectly satisfy the urgent needs of food industries. Each product can be customized and equipped with different manufacturing options which make it suitable for a precise purpose:
- some ATEX certified vacuum models, each one different and suitable according to the explosion-hazard area
- stainless steel AISI304-316 construction for food contact
- certified filters treated to maintain the efficiency even in special working condition (antistatic filters, absolute filters, NOMEX heat resistant filter)
- supplement of separators or hoppers to boost collection capacity and ease sucked dusts handling
- certified accessories and specific hoses for employment in food contexts
Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information concerning our vacuuming solutions for food industry