Handling powders, granules and solids within a production plant is often critical, since the movement can cause dispersion,leakage and so the risk of contaminating both the product and the environment. The related consequences are waste of product, production inefficiencies and high management costs.
Pneumatic conveyors are hermetic systems that allow to overcome all of these problems. Moreover, they increase the productivity and the efficiency of the production plants where they are installed, they avoid any waste of product and improve the environmental quality of the premises.
WHAT IS A PNEUMATIC CONVEYOR AND HOW IT WORKSA pneumatic conveyor allows to move dusty, granular or solid material from a one point to another inside a production plant.
Pneumatic conveyors use vacuum as a driving force to transfer the material to the designated process machinery. The loading system will continue the processing / transformation or packaging of the product.
Thanks to the extreme simplicity and flexibility of the system, a conveyor can carry out several functions that go beyond the simple transfer of material from one point to another:
- dust separation
- loading and unloading of industrial machineries or different types of containers
- distribution of powders at multiple points of discharge
- multiple withdrawal
These characteristics make pneumatic conveyors the optimal solution for many food, chemical, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical companies.
THE BENEFITS OF PNEUMATIC CONVEYINGTraditional mechanical transport systems, such as conveyor belts, screw conveyors, bucket elevators or aeromechanical conveyors have characteristics which may represent an obstacle in certain situations:
- a transport in open system increases the risk of environmental pollution or contamination of the product
- some may transport material only in a straight line, considerably increasing costs at every necessary change of direction
- require a lot of space for installation in the production department
- the presence of many mechanical components subject to wear drastically increases the costs associated with maintenance, spare parts and downtimes
- difficult sanitization and large waste of time dedicated to these operations
- critical issues in preserving product integrity
On the contrary, pneumatic conveyors for dusts simplify the process by guaranteeing hygiene and safety:
- easy and fast installation and connection to other process machinery
- they don’t take up much space, thanks to the use of flexible piping and they can be added at a later stage, thanks to their modularity
- they avoid leakage and product contamination; some models even prevent demixing
- the required maintenance is very poor, extremely simple and fast to do, as mechanical parts in motion and subject to wear are very poor. The exclusive use of uncontaminated compressed air contributes to the maintenance and to the maximum efficiency of handling
- increase of hygiene and safety within departments
PNEUMATIC CONVEYING: DIMENSIONING OF A SYSTEMThe dimensioning of a pneumatic conveying system depends on multiple factors and must be carried out by experts in the field.
The transport capacity must be related to the amount of Kilos per hour to be handled; the distance to be covered and the type of product. This, is to guarantee the perfect functionality of the machinery and the production lines on which they are installed.
DELFIN PNEUMATIC CONVEYORS: THE SAFER SOLUTION FOR YOUR PRODUCTION LINES
Delfin range of pneumatic conveyors has been developed in collaboration with important users by taking into account their different needs.
Delfin range of conveyors is one of the most complete on the market:
- electric or pneumatic conveyors
- certified filters for food contact
- automatic filter cleaning systems
- hopper for complementary product intake
- complete modularity and integrability of systems with pre-existing production lines
For further information about our conveying solutions, feel free to contact us