Delfin solutions of vacuum for additive manufacturing on 3D printers have been engineered in collaboration with leading players of the market.
DOES ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING 3D PRINTERS NEED VACUUM SOLUTIONS?
The printer machine creates objects and prototypes into a chamber filled with sand or powder, depending on the morphology of the material. Once the product has been manufactured, several cleaning duties must be carried on, in order to:
- avoid product contamination within different batches of production
- obtain the best quality and cleanliness of the product
- save costs by recovering the unused clean powder
- guarantee cleanliness of the environment and safety for the operators
WHICH CLEANING TASKS CAN AN INDUSTRIAL VACUUM CLEANER CARRY OUT ON A 3D PRINTER MACHINE?
When the manufacturing process is over, there is some cleaning duty that must be carried out with an industrial vacuum cleaner:
- cleaning of the production cell, in order to avoid sand or powder contamination and recover the unused sand
- cleaning of the printer and the powder supply bin, in order to maintain the machine functionality
- floor cleaning, in case some dust fell on the floor behind the machine
- product final cleaning from dust residuals, guaranteeing the best quality of the product
INDUSTRIAL VACUUMS FOR NON-COMBUSTIBLE, NON-CONDUCTIVE DUSTS
The powder is not harmful and can be easily recovered with any three-phase industrial vacuum cleaner equipped with high collection capacity and high filtration units.
INDUSTRIAL VACUUMS FOR COMBUSTIBLE, NON-CONDUCTIVE DUSTS
The vacuum cleaner used to recover this kind of dust should be Atex zone 22 certified, in order to guarantee the safety of the operations.
The zone 22 vacuum cleaners are always equipped with:
- antistatic filters
- complete earth grounding
and are always suitable for dust collection.
INDUSTRIAL VACUUMS FOR COMBUSTIBLE AND CONDUCTIVE DUSTS
Delfin offers two options for the combustible and conductive dusts treatment.
The first one is the exclusive Atex Z20 certification related to the chamber of the vacuum cleaner, as a guarantee of safe collection of combustible dusts. Double advantage: high performance and possibility to reuse the sucked dust after a sifting.
The second option is the inerting of combustible dusts : an inert fluid bath neutralizes the dusts at their very first contact with the liquid, as soon as they reach the container.