How can we ensure proper hygiene and reduce the risks of contamination?
To eliminate these risks it is necessary to:
- critically analyse the various environments in which the production cycle takes place, to identify each potential source of contamination;
- define what the critical control points are, in order to verify and eliminate potential problems;
- evaluate the corrective actions necessary to eliminate the risk of contamination;
- establish hygiene verification procedures for each production cycle.
The use of industrial vacuums or centralised extraction systems is one of the most effective solutions available in preventing the various types of contamination to which food can be exposed.
Vacuuming at source to remove any dust or process residue greatly reduces the possibility of it coming into contact with products.
The organic and flammable nature of raw materials used in the food industry can also constitute a serious risk of explosion if not correctly handled, as well as jeopardising the health of the workers.
INDUSTRIAL VACUUM CLEANERS FOR CLEANING PRODUCTION LINES AND MACHINERY
There is no one model of industrial vacuum cleaner that can be used across the board.
Each one needs to be configured according to the specific need.
Virtually every food industry, however, has to comply with certain standards, in order to satisfy the sector’s strict regulations:
- models must be Atex certified
- AISI304-316 stainless steel construction for those parts in contact with food
- certified filters with treatments to ensure they will work efficiently when used in certain conditions (antistatic, absolute or NOMEX filters for high temperatures)
- addition of pre-separators or hoppers to boost collection capacity and facilitate the handling of the extracted dust
- centralised extraction systems to enable several areas to be cleaned at the same time, or on board machinery
VACUUM SOLUTIONS FOR CONTINUOUS EXTRACTION ON BOARD MACHINERY
Some types of process machinery require the continuous suction of scraps or production waste in order to minimise downtime, avoid product waste and maintain the highest quality of the finished product.
TRIM EXTRACTOR FOR PACKAGING LINES
Packaging machines often produce scrap, which needs to be removed on an ongoing basis if production downtime to remove the waste is to be avoided. The vacuum cleaners from the AS line can suck up large quantities of this type of material and compact it inside large, easy-to-empty bags.
VACUUMS FOR INSTALLING ON BOARD MACHINERY
Compact, modular vacuums that can be installed in small spaces, the industrial vacuums from the DBF and DBFV line are the perfect suction solution for integration on board machinery.
PNEUMATIC CONVEYORS FOR HANDLING FOOD DUST
Transporting food dust is one of the most delicate phases in the production process, as products can easily be contaminated or altered as they are being transported. The only way to prevent this from happening is through the use of pneumatic conveyors. Thanks to their closed systems, contamination by external agents is prevented, resulting in a transport system that is both quick and hygienic.